Start Date: 5/2/2017
End Date: 5/8/2017
Secretary IV – Student Transportation
Omaha Public Schools
$13.60 / per hour
Student Transportation Center
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Two years of college or technical school, preferred.
- Proficient computer skills specifically in Microsoft Office Tools such as Windows, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Working knowledge of Edulog, Infinite Campus, PeopleSoft and FleetPro software, desired.
- Previous office experience required.
- Willingness to learn new software applications.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Exemplary organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of school district policies and procedure, preferred.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Ability to prepare various letters and detailed notes.
- Excellent grammar usage and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently and to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to submit and monitor payrolls, requisitions and budgets.
- Ability to maintain records accurately and to retrieve information when requested.
Location: Student Transportation Department, 3833 N. 72nd Street, Omaha, NE
Reports to: Director of Transportation
Work Schedule: 12-month work schedule
Salary Schedule: 32E/$13.60 per hour
Hours to Work: 8
- Prepare a variety of correspondences, letters, reports and other materials for the Director of Student Transportation.
- Take and prepare notes from assigned meetings.
- Maintains various files on computer database.
- Perform secretarial duties such as answering phones, typing, filing correspondence and reports, duplicating materials and routing copies of materials to appropriate staff.
- Prepare scheduled field trip report and the monthly invoice.
- Prepare daily scheduled athletic events, practices and the late bus report.
- Prepare monthly athletic events for school invoice.
- Prepare quarterly Special Education reimbursement invoice.
- Schedule and track borrowed district vehicles.
- Prepare and submit mechanic work orders.
- Prepare and submit on-line work orders
- Schedule and coordinate Director of Student Transportation calendar and/or meetings.
- Coordinate district-wide special events involving the Student Transportation Department.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.